Get2College Corps Scholarship
Phi Theta Kappa is proud to partner with Woodward Hines Education Foundation’s Get2College Corps program to assist high school students and their families with navigating the complex financial aid process by supporting their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) completion efforts. Financial aid is one of the barriers of college access and persistence for low income and first-generation students. Completion of the FAFSA by priority deadlines links low income students to financial resources, which lead to increased college access. The goal of the Get2College Corps program is to increase FAFSA completion statewide by the March 31st priority deadline for the MS HELP Grant, Mississippi’s only need-based grant.
Scholarship Award and Eligibility Requirements:
Woodward Hines Education Foundation will provide scholarships of $5,000 each for 21 Phi Theta Kappa members from any community college in Mississippi. Scholars may utilize these funds to complete an associate's degree at a two-year college or transfer to a four-year college. The priority deadline is Friday, September 6, 2019.
- Be able to work at least 10 hours a week (which is often two (2) FAFSA completion events at a location selected by Get2College or community college partner) throughout a 10-week term.
- Be an active Phi Theta Kappa member with a minimum age of 18.
- Have a valid driver’s license.
- Be able to provide their own transportation to and from FAFSA training sessions/completion events.
- Be able to commit to the program for two consecutive semesters while enrolled at the community college (Fall 2019/Spring 2020).
- Be available to meet with the Get2College representative bi-weekly for briefings, trainings, Q&A, etc. Meetings will be held via Zoom on Friday afternoons.
- Attend any Mississippi community college.
Documents Required with Application: